Tech Bitumen 85 / 25 is a blown grade bitumen product that finds application as an adhesive, a joint filling compound and as a coating, with excellent adhesion to metal, concrete, wood and various surfaces.
- Tech Bitumen 85/25 exhibits good waterproofing, flexibility, elasticity and hardness properties in addition to its resistance to flow at high temperatures.
- The degree of impermeability to water is proportional to film thickness.
- It is an effective anti - corrosion coating on metal surfaces because of its impermeability.
- Chemical attack on Bitumen 85/25 increases with increasing temperature, time and concentration.
- Attack by liquid chemicals is more severe than by the same chemical in gas or vapour form.
A bituminous compound that protects steelworks and concrete surfaces in an acid corrosive environment. It is also used as bedding for acid resistant tiles in flooring, tanking, roofing, pipe coating and lining.
- There are no health hazards associated with Bitumen 85/25 however Good industrial hygiene must be observed when working with Bitumen 85/25.
- Bitumen 85/25 must be stored under dry and cool conditions.
- Ensure that the surfaces onto which the Bitumen 85/25 is to be applied are dry and free of grease, dust or any loose material.Load the Bitumen 85/25 into a suitable vessel and heat to 175°C with stirring to ensure homogeneity.
- Avoid overheating.
- Apply the hot solution by spraying, dipping, pouring or trowelling to a thickness of 6mm to 9 mm.
- Clean up equipment immediately after use with White Spirit or Paraffin.
- Leave to cool and harden over 24 hours.