Epoxy Heavy Duty Flooring is a highly filled slump free trowellable mortar which cures to give a very durable floor coating. It is suitable for superior impact, abrasion and chemical resistance environments.
- Epoxy Heavy Duty Flooring is filled with specially graded aggregates and, when cured, it has high mechanical strength and chemical resistance.
- It can withstand temperatures of up to 100°C. However, Epoxy Heavy Duty Flooring would not be recommended for an environment with a combination of high acidity or alkalinity and high temperature.
- The material also bonds well to damp surfaces.
It is used in areas where exceptional thermal stresses occur through discharge of hot liqour from tanks. The product therefore finds application on industrial floors where it can be used as a protective overlay on new floors or to repair/restore old wornout floors.
- The area to be covered or filled must be clean and chipped to expose concrete aggregates.
- Loose aggregates must be removed.
- It is recommended to prime concrete surfaces with Epoxy Clear Primer. Dilute the Epoxy Paint Clear with an equal volume of Techiad Thinners in order to achieve good penetration. Apply and allow about 15 minutes for solvents to evaporate.
- The material must be stored under dry and cool conditions in tightly closed tins. Prolonged exposure to temperatures in excess of 40°C must be avoided. Properly stored, the product remains stable for two years.